- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
A breathtaking solo performance about queer love, hope and despair.
Twenty-two years old and rurally isolated, Eden is a prophet. When he sings he catches sight of heaven. But when the music stops he is bored, aimless, angry at his Mum, and consumed by the attention he seeks from older men on the internet. One night Eden meets David, a drag queen forced home to care for his dying father, and suddenly his world makes sense.
Eden loses himself in his new relationship and begins to dream of a new life but when David leaves with no warning, Eden is thrown into despair. He spirals into self-destruction – fuelled by anger, grief, anonymous sex, drugs, looking for oblivion – finally washing up on the foreshore at St Kilda. The play finishes with Eden returning home, hurting, wiser, and starting to heal.
My Melbourne Arts
- 2 x RGBAW Fresnel w/Zoom (with Barndoors)
- 2 x Robin 300 LEDWash+
- 2 x SL Par 155 (with Barndoors)
- 4 x LED RGBWAUv 8Bit PAR
- A Mac computer running Qlab 4 with a full audio license is required (the Qlab Machine).
- This Qlab Machine should still have system default AU plugins installed, such as AUMatrixReverb, AUDistortion, and AULowpass. Unless these plugins have been deliberately removed from the system for some reason, they should be present.
- Under no circumstances should the Qlab session be run using Qlab 5 without prior preparation by the Sound Designer.
- The Qlab Machine should be connected to the console and loudspeaker system via USB DI, Dante, etc., and the use of the headphone output avoided wherever possible.
- A full-range PA system in a standard stereo configuration is required. There must be separation
between the Left and Right channels. The PA system should be tuned for a flat response.
- A mono loudspeaker system is not acceptable.
- A well-tuned LCR system is acceptable.
There are no requirements for microphones in the show. If a venue may require the use of microphones for vocal reinforcement due to its size, please consult with the Sound Designer ahead of time.
Any console or system capable of passing a stereo feed from the Qlab Machine to the loudspeaker system is acceptable.
‘I Want Someone Badly’ by Nathan Peter Larsen
‘Into My Arms’ by Nicholas Edward Cave
- This show has no set.
- If all LX and SFX equipment is provided by the venue then the show can tour in a regular car. Otherwise a 1-tonne van or similar would be needed to transport any additional LX/SFX that we would need to bring.
- The 2-member touing team can travel by plane.
Audience & Marketing Notes
This show will appeal to a broad cross-section of audiences because of its examination of family, duty, faith, love and identity. It speaks directly to young adults about rural isolation, and the LGBTQIA+ community and their allies about the experience of growing up queer in regional Australia. It is for anyone with an interest in the best of Australian theatre performance, having won two Melbourne Fringe Awards and three Green Room Award nominations.
- An original new Australian work about growing up queer in regional Australia
- Award-winning production from a multi-award winning team
- An extraordinary solo performance from one of the emerging stars of Melbourne theatre
- Writing/Storytelling Masterclass with Benjamin Nichol
Proscenium Arch, Black Box, Thrust, Flat Floor, Hall
Available Until (from - to)
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
In Development - work which will be produced and premiered in time for touring during 2022/2023. Please contact the Producer directly for Budgets and Fees.
Weekly Sell Off: $9765
Per Performance: $3700-5500