Simply BRILL – The Teens Who Stole Rock n Roll
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
‘Simply BRILL’ pay homage to some of the most popular 20th century hits & their teenage songwriters.
Amelia Ryan, Michaela Burger & Michael Griffiths shine in this celebration of the songwriters who ‘stole’ 1960’s rock \’n\’ roll. SIMPLY BRILL tells the story of The Brill Building – a solitary building in NYC that become a \’one stop shop\’ hit factory, where unknown teenagers created hits that would be sung by generations worldwide. Theatrically blending history, humour and heart, audiences are taken on a thrilling ride from the beginning of the music business in Tin Pan Alley, to the dawn of the singer songwriter, via the explosion of rock ‘n’ roll. Simply BRILL retells the birth of iconic songwriters such as Neil Sedaka, Bobby Darin, Carole King, Ellie Greenwich, and Cynthia Weil; teenage songwriters who gave voice to a generation with hits such as Rock Around The Clock, Splish Splash, Oh Carol, Will You Love Me Tomorrow? and Leader of the Pack. ‘Simply BRILL’ is a rollicking, fascinating, and joyous homage to some of the most popular songwriters and hits of the 20th century.
River Deep Mountain High – Tina Turner
Leader of the Pack – The Shangri Las
Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
Rock Around The Clock – Bill Hayley & The Comets Puttin on the Ritz – Irving Berlin
You\’ve Lost That Lovin Feeling – Righteous Brothers Do Wah Diddy Diddy – Mandfred Mann Locomotion – Little Evie
Calendar Girl – Neil Sedaka
Be My Baby – The Ronettes
Chapel of Love – Darlene Love
We Gotta Get Outta This Place – The Animals Splish Splash – Bobby Darin
Stupid Cupid – Connie Francis
Will You Love Me Tomorrow – The Shirelles Uptown – The Chiffons
Da Doo Ron Ron – The Crystals
Oh Carol – Neil Sedaka
I Can Hear Music – The Beach Boys On Broadway – The Drifters
and many many more!!
All lighting must be pre-rigged prior to arrival. A professional lighting designs with script is available. We can work with the in house rig and require movers and specials where possible.
AV: Where possible, Simply BRILL uses AV throughout including video footage with video footage and sound – one medium to large screen at the back of stage with a projector is required. The AV will be supplied on USB.
All sound must be set up prior to our arrival.
PA: A professional-quality PA system capable of providing clean, coherent, direct full range sound to all seats in the venue at moderately high SPL.
- 3 X wireless handheld microphones with 2 X straight mic stand (lead vocals) + 1 boom stand (piano / keyboard)
- 1 X microphone with a boom stand (piano vocal)
- 1 X tuned grand piano (preferred) OR 88 note weighted keyboard with stand, sustain pedal, stool and all necessary cables. 2 X DI\’s for weighted keyboard if used.
- 1 X drum mic kit suitable for venue
- 1 X bass guitar DI or amp mic or both 1 X guitar amp mic on short stand
- 1 X sax mic on stand
For one off bookings, venues may be required to provide backline equipment. For tours in most situations the company will travel with their own backline. Please note venues are still require to provide a tuned grand piano or 88 weighted stage keyboard.
Minimum stage size 6m wide x 4m deep. Larger would be preferred.
Venue to supply: 1 x LX & 1 x SND & 1 X AV staff for bump in & out & performance
Production can easily travel in standard ground transport (usually a 12 seat van). Production can be flown in however venues would need to provide backline hire or contribute to the hire costs in conjunction with other venues.
Audience & Marketing Notes
Those who loves a fascinating story
Men & Women
Music and history buffs
\’A musical bonanza! Michael Griffith, Amelia Ryan & Michaela Burger don\’t miss a beat. A wonderfully slick show\’ – 5 Stars The Clothesline
\’It was a fest – three impeccable artists at peak performance level\’ – Theatre Travels
\’Simply Brill describes it perfectly – they bring their experience & polish to the show in spades…the combination is hard to beat. \’ – Stage Whispers
- Crowd pleasing nostalgic music set list
- Enthralling dramatised story of 1960\'s chart topping hits and the rise of their iconic songwriters.
- From a fascinating script to world class lead talents backed by a live 5 piece band, this music theatre feast will delight and have you on your feet dancing before the night is over.
- 'Cleverly woven into the show is a detailed music history lesson with songs & choreography' - Stage Whispers
- Simply Brill appeals to anyone who is a lover of music/ pop history, but especially to the generation who lived and breathed the 1960s rock n roll movement.
- Creative Masterclass Workshops for writing & performing.
Proscenium Arch, Black box, Outdoor, Flat floor, Hall
Available Until (from - to)
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
In Development - work which will be produced and premiered in time for touring during 2022/2023. Please contact the Producer directly for Budgets and Fees.
Weekly Sell Off: $$18,500
Per Performance: $0