Seamen! The Sea Shanty Spectacular OR The Sea Shanty Spectacular
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
An evening of seafaring songs with a modern pop spin.
Chuck Moore Reviews
Time Out Melbourne
Audience & Marketing Notes
- Inspired by one of the biggest viral trends of 2021, making it ideal for social media campaigns. The shanty ‘Wellerman’ reached #1 in 11 countries and ‘ShantyTok’ is the #1 viral trend on TikTok to date.
- Alex Morris was Music Director of the award-winning Vocal Evolution, cult choir sensation Shania Choir, Geelong Harmony Chorus, and shOUT Youth Chorus (MGLC). He has a strong profile in the choral community providing an opportunity to engage these groups through targeted invites.
- Cheeky attention-grabbing title, strong visuals and excellent video content, making it ideal for engaging younger audiences via online marketing campaigns.
- In a similar stylistic vein to Spooky Mens Chorale and other offbeat touring choirs, providing opportunity to re-engage audiences who have attended these shows before.
- Winner of the Hybrid Tour Ready Award (supported by Regional Arts Victoria) and the SA Tour Ready Award (Supported by Adelaide Fringe) at the Melbourne Fringe Festival 2021.
- Culturally diverse and predominatley LGBTIQA+ cast with First Nations representation. The show also includes a tribute number to First Nation seafarers sung in Yanyuwa language with the blessing of Yanyuwa elders.
Proscenium Arch, Black Box, Thrust, Hall
55 mins Minutes
Available Until (from - to)
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
In Development - work which will be produced and premiered in time for touring during 2022/2023. Please contact the Producer directly for Budgets and Fees.
Weekly Sell Off: $9,500 (5-piece ensemble) | $16,500 (10-piece ensemble) | + $2,000 (local choir partnership)
Per Performance: $3,000 (5-piece ensemble) | $5,500 (10-piece ensemble) | +$2,000 (Local choir partnership)