s.o.l.o – Situations of Ones Life’s Obsessions
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
s.o.l.o depicts a life in a multi-disciplinary show; circus, multimedia, theatre and spoken word
s.o.l.o depicts a life.
The moments that we all collectively share. The emotions that we have all felt, instances that have changed our path and opportunities won or lost that have created the person we are today. But every decision, every failure, every accomplishment in every minute, even if surrounded by an abundance of people, were experienced; solo.
s.o.l.o is a multidisciplinary circus show that incorporates multimedia, circus technique, theatre and spoken word to create an experience for the audience.
It toys with identity, struggles, loss, endurance and most of all hope. Hope to make better choices, hope to do better, to achieve more; hope to be a better self. Circus gives way to theatre, theatre to circus as they are enhanced by the multimedia. The technique is world class but the story is not compromised; the audience leaves the performance experiencing world class acts, feeling a roller-coaster of emotions and (possibly) learning something within themselves.
Philippe De Wulf, Head of VO Citizen
Clémence Corthouts, Futurn Project Developer
- Lighting is operated on Chamsys MagicDMX from the FOH with a laptop (provided by performer/technician) via DMX cable.
- for placement please refer to Lighting / Stage plan.
- 11 x Par64 cp62.
- 4 x Profiel.
- 18 x PC with barndoors.
- Video and Sound are operated on QLab from the FOH with a laptop (provided by performer/technician) via HDMI and (laptop) audio Jack port.
- Sound provided by the venue/presenter:
- Professional quality stereo sound system (with full range speakers and separate sub-bass speakers) with enough power for the venue in question.
- All necessary fills and clusters (with adjustable delay and EQ) for good coverage for the audience area.
- The system must be free of hums and noises and in good working condition at load-in time.
- Mixing desk with 8 channels minimum. Only two channels (STEREO) used for the sound. Channels ideally free of compressors/EQ and starting from gain at unity.
- Enough space for two laptops, etc. next to the mixing desk
- Performer needs to hear the sound fed to the Main PA from FOH. If the stage or the nature of the venue requires, side fills on both sides of the stage are preferred. Signal routed to the monitors is the same as the signal for the PA.
- 1 x Microphone
- Stage Width: 10m (9m minimum)
- Stage Depth: 7m (6m minimum)
- Stage Height: 5m (4m minimum)
- Back Drop and wing legs: Black cloth (or similar)
- Wings: 1m minimum
- Warm up: 1 hour minimum (on stage) is required before doors open
- 1 x Hazer for the performance
- 4 x Anchor points Tightwire: (for placement please refer to Lighting / Stage plan)
- Requested holding force of the anchor points: 2t WLL
- 2 x Aerial Anchor points Aerial sling/ Aerial Pole points: (for placement please refer to Lighting / Stage plan)
- Requested WLL of the anchor is 500kg.
- A technician to assist with lighting focus and setting aerial equipment
- Lighting and sound to be pre-rigged prior to company arrival
- 1 venue staff to assist
- 1 x 1t transit van (3 seat minimum) for show equipment and crew (to be provided by producer)
Audience & Marketing Notes
Circus lovers (s.o.l.o has a range of circus from floor acrobatics, balance apparatuses and aerials)
Queer / members of the LGBTQIA+ community
The show is great for all audiences 10+ (especially young adults as they find themselves/discovering the world)
Lovers of high level circus skills and great multimedia
Lovers of theatre and spoken word
Lovers of biographical stories / experiences (witnessing an array of emotions on stage)
- A strong message of perseverance after failure, of self-discovery, self-expression and self-belief.
- A multi-skilled performer offering four world-class circus acts and theatricals in a solo performance
- A minimalistic setting showcasing the circus/theatre, that takes place behind a scrim. Projections and performance are combined throughout the show
- An internationally acclaimed performer with over 10 years of experience - An Australian international success story
Proscenium Arch, Black Box
Available Until (from - to)
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
In Development - work which will be produced and premiered in time for touring during 2022/2023. Please contact the Producer directly for Budgets and Fees.
Weekly Sell Off: $17000
Per Performance: $7000