- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
A dark, absurd comedy for anyone who's ever tried to fit in. Sometimes you just have to go and shuck yourself.
A one-man black comedy about a boy who lives inside an oyster. Tonight, he is preparing to get shucked. But he is too terrified to go through with it so he seeks our moral support. Oyster Boy lives inside an oyster. He is a big fishy weirdo just waiting to be shucked. But is the world ready for his nutrient rich, gender fluid, sand intolerant presence?
Created by proven comic geniuses Kyle Walmsley and Elizabeth Millington, Oyster Boy is a hilarious black comedy for anyone who’s ever tried to fit in but failed. This tale of transition is guaranteed to shock, delight, disturb and entertain, featuring physical, absurd, clammy comedy.
- Standard Rig.
- Touring company provides one standing lamp.
- Laptop with Q Lab (venue to provide).
- Audio playback.
- Set is a flat pack that is assembled by touring party.
- Require use of smoke machine and haze.
- Preferred stage space 3m x 4m.
- One operator to be provided by venue for lighting.
- Touring party travels with set in one car.
- Set can be moved by plane as required.
Audience & Marketing Notes
– Millennial audience
– 16-25 year olds, particularly students of Drama, English or Communication
– LGBTQ+ community
– Fans of comedy theatre
– Minority communities
– Ideal for those trying to fit in or dealing with isolation or loneliness
– Highlights the importance of awareness and conversations around mental health
– Explores themes of escapism, legacy, ambition and self doubt
– Regional communities
Watch Oyster Boy on the Drum via the link below.
- Schools (Year 10-12) (Schools workshops offered in clowning, devising, improvising and physical theatre)
- Relevant new Australian writing (connecting with writer\'s groups, libraries and arts organisations)
- LGBTQIA+ community (connect with local Queer community including opening drag performances)
- Schools and community based workshops in clowning, physical theatre, improvisation and/or devising
- Education Pack provided
Flexible to most indoor venue formats
Available Until (from - to)
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
In Development - work which will be produced and premiered in time for touring during 2022/2023. Please contact the Producer directly for Budgets and Fees.
Weekly Sell Off: $3890
Per Performance: $1983