Miss Friby & The Femmes
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
An all original music revue featuring high energy choreography, bold harmonies and unyielding character.
In a whirlwind of high end showmanship and superb melody, the formidable, ‘Miss Friby & The Femmes’, present original soul ballads, nostalgic blues and Americana, hilarious cabaret and flamboyant rock, re-devised to have wider harmonies, harder hits and unyielding character.
The show features sequin clad dancers and boisterous stage antics from some of Melbourne\’s finest musicians, paying homage to ritz and glamour of old-world music revues with bite.
Miss Friby’s shows have been highly regarded amongst numerous festivals including Woodford Folk Festival (2014/2023), Splendour in the Grass (2014/15) and Falls Festival (2013-16). Miss Friby & The Femmes is her latest genre defying work, fusing original contemporary music with choreography, tongue in cheek humor and authenticity from her predominantly queer and female identifying musicians. Is it a ‘gig’?
‘Head to Toe Talented’ – Beat Magazine
‘an adept vocal mimic capable of emulating Winehouse and Weimar’ – scenestre.com
‘The music is impeccable’ – artshub.com
★ ‘Best Cabaret’ Weekly Award ‘Absolute Riot’ (Adelaide Fringe 2021) ★
★ Green Room Award Nominee ‘Innovation in Cabaret’ (2012) ★
★ Green Room Award Nominee ‘Best Ensemble’ (2015) ★
★ Australia\’s Got Talent Finalist (2013) ★
- This show is versatile and capable of performing within the constraints of each venue, but some ideal items include:
- Isolated Centre Spot
- Colour Washes – Blues, Pinks, Purples, Green, Ambers
- Back Wash/Movers
- MONITOR SPEAKERS x 7
- WIRED MIC w STAND X 8
- MICS for DRUMS
- MICS for BASS/KEYS amp
- Di for KEYS
- GUITAR X 2 + AMP x 1
- BASS – ELECTRIC + DOUBLE
- HANDHELD WIRELESS (neg.)
- DRUM KIT + CYMBOLS
- KEYBOARD + STAND
- We do not have a set, but if risers are available at the venue (drum riser) we will use that.
- Will use haze machine if available at the venue.
8-12 seater people mover – we have a touring party of 9 so we would need:
- Seats for 9 people
- The ability to transport – double bass / electric bass x 1 / electric guitar x 2 / Full Drum Kit x 2 (6 bags) / Keyboard & stand / AMPS – KEYS/BASS/GUITAR
- The ability to transport costumes and personal items for the cast (9 x suitcases)
Audience & Marketing Notes
Music Enthusiasts – Vintage Songs, Americana, Soul, Gospel, Blues, Rock, Country Ballads, folk
Cabaret Enthusiasts – Miss Friby is an award winning director/act maker (Miss Burlesque Australia 2014/15/19), \’Best Cabaret\’ Adelaide Fringe 2022).
Feminists and Female Allies – The show actively challenges the status quo for women in the music industry.
LGBQTIA – our band has a mix of queer/lesbian cast
Baby Boomers – long time fans of Miss Friby
- Miss Friby is a multi-award winning producer - \'Best Cabaret\' Adelaide Fringe, Green Room Nominee - \'Best Ensemble\' (2015) / \'Innovation in Cabaret\' (2012)
- Miss Friby was a finalist on Australia\'s Got Talent
- Band is like Tina Turner & The Ikettes crossed with Joe Cocker
- A rare opportunity to see a band with backup dancers, seven part harmonies, all the sequins
- The show has songs from many different genres - all original, but something for everyone
- Workshops - Arts Business & Getting a Project of the Ground
- Remote Mentoring for artists - Develop an act / produce a cabaret / work with regular online mentoring from Elizabeth Dawson-smith
- Community Collaboration - Miss Friby (Elizabeth Dawson-smith) is a skilled host/MC and the show can be presented with other bands/community performances.
- Dance Workshop (all ages/backgrounds available) - Dance for singers, Dance, Broadway Jazz, Musical Theatre,
- Local songwriter collaboration - working with a selection of local female songwriters to bring their songs to life, backed by our live band, that they then perform.
In The Round, Proscenium, Black box, Outdoor Stages, Thrust, Flat Floor, Hall, Pop-Up Venues, Space Activations
90 minutes (set can be altered - shortened/lengthened) Minutes
Available Until (from - to)
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
In Development - work which will be produced and premiered in time for touring during 2022/2023. Please contact the Producer directly for Budgets and Fees.
Weekly Sell Off: $19300
Per Performance: $4580.73