- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
Le Coup (from the French word to hit) is a neo-vaudeville speakeasy, where it’s fight night at the circus.
Pull up ringside for a night like no other!
Le Coup brings contenders from all around the country to bout for your attention, adoration and applause.
From sword swallowing to daring aerial feats, tap dancing to acrobatics, this ragtag troupe of travelling misfits will duke it out with common sense and even the laws of physics for your entertainment.
A raucous neo-vaudevillian adventure, Le Coup is a tribute to funfairs, travelling troupes and the showmen and women of yesteryear. Featuring a ferocious live soundtrack by the bluegrass band Father Grant and The Blunt Objects, it’s a guaranteed knockout.
Let the Boss show you the ropes as The King of the Ring, Sally the Ally Cat, Fred, The Bookie and Bloody Mary put on a real show. It’s time to grab a drink, place your bets and pull up a seat ringside for a night like no other!
Venue/Presenter to provide:
- 1 x Lx Operator and assistant as per the Bump-in and performance schedule
- A plan of the venue and a lighting plan of the standard rig (if applicable) in both .pdf and .dwg for 12.5 (CAD) format or Vector Works
- A full technical specifications document (APACA format preferred) including a list of the venue’s lighting equipment
- Chelsea McGuffin Company can provide a specific lighting plan upon receipt of the venue’s lighting inventory and venue plan documents. Venue specific plans will be provided at least two weeks prior to tour dates.
- Prior to Chelsea McGuffin Company arrival the venue should be pre-rigged and patched according to the final discussion of the lighting plan.
- To be provided upon request.
- Computerised lighting console such as GrandMA2 or ETC Ion.
- We also require a 7m pipe or flat truss to hang our show curtain upstage in front of a set of black tabs. This can be hung on ropes from grid or appropriate
Sound requirements may be subject to minor changes and must be confirmed 4 weeks prior to performance
- 1 x sound technician support as per the bump in schedule (see attached)
- PA: A high quality PA is required, capable of delivering full range stereo throughout the venue at a good level with no distortion, buzz or hum (D&B, Nexo, Meyer, or similar). The system must have sufficient processing for all speakers (including subs) to be delayed to the band riser. Subs should have a separate feed on aux.
- A high quality mixing desk is required. It must have at least 32 mic inputs, and 4 stereo inputs. The show requires a minimum of 4 sends to stage.
- Yamaha M7cl/CLseries, DiGico, Midas or similar.
The following is an example of potential inventory list, the exact equipment list will be provided upon request.
- 1 x AKG 414
- 2 x KM 184
- 1 x SM98
- 1 x Beta 91
- 2 x SM57
- 2 x e604
- 3 x dpa 4099(for wireless packs DI’s
- 3 x Active DI’s
- 4 x ways of radio, Sennheiser or share preferred
- 4 x Belt packs
- 1 x Handheld
- 2 x Instrument cables
- 1 x Lavalier mic
- 1 x straight stand with round base
- 4 x small boom stands
- 4 x identical bi amped wedges for band stage
- 2 x identical bi amped wedges for circle (depending on FOH PA)
- 1 talkback station backstage for preshow calls
- 2 x Aux output send to computer
- 1 x stereo line input from Laptop into sound desk
- 1 x mini jack stereo input for extra music device.
- Mic input list can be sent on request as a separate document
- Drumkit – to be discussed with musician for each venue, depending on brand available in each town.
Stage and seating:
- • Minimum stage area 3.5m diameter circular central performance space + an additional 3m x 5m band stage at the back, adjoined or with a catwalk.
- • Stage height – at least 400mm (if there are 2 or more rows of seating on the floor level).
- • Stage surface – Wood.
- • Stage must be even and level.
- • Minimum height 6m from top of stage to the rigging point. Audience seated in-the-round with a minimum of three aisle-ways.
- • Le Coup is also available in a Proscenium arch style and Black-box venues. Stage dimensions height and rigging for circus apparatus capabilities will determine what Circus acts can be done in the show.
- • A Generic Rigging plan is available upon request. A venue specific plan will be provided at least two weeks prior to bump-in. Full rigging hand-over documentation can be provided upon request.
a. Trapeze (Double trapeze 3.6m high and Solo trapeze 1.7m high)
- • 2 x Double static point is required in the centre of the stage at no less than 6m however 8m is preferable. The Trapeze’s are rigged from these points. Points must have 1m spacing. 2 x pull out lines to the wings and a ground attachment point is needed in the wings (sandbagged or screwed to stage).
b. Single line
- • A single point OP/stage right is required. This is a pull-up and weight load counterweight line. A pull-out line to the wings is needed with a ground attachment point in the wings (sandbagged or screwed).
- • rigging directly to truss and fixed to floor. Or rigged with minimum 3 floor points rated to 300kg SWL.
- • The stage will need to be based under the stage for the extra load once pole is screwed up under tension.
Venue/Presenter to provide:
- • A qualified/certified rigger capable of hanging circus equipment in the venue. Or capable of signing off on equipment rigged by the artists.
- • Load bearing points for all internal rigging requirements and properly maintained access ladders and/or EWP equipment to reach the rigging points during bump in, bump out and for pre- and post-show checks.
- • Engineers report on structure.
1x lighting support technician, 1 x sound support technician
2x lighting crew for rig & focus session
1x qualified rigger (if needed), 1x lighting technician
1x sound support technician
Show Call – Same operator as Tech Rehearsal
1x lighting technician
1x sound support technician
2x technicians load out
x2 Kia Carnivals.
Or 1 people mover, x1 Van
All show gear to travel as APRA music baggage allowance.
Audience & Marketing Notes
Le Coup is spectacular circus acts integrated with live self-produced bluegrass music combined into a feast of
entertainment! Step into the old world of the travelling carnivals where things can get pretty rowdy. Get ready for a
circus fight night that’s got a whole trunkful of tricks.
Key Audience and Marketing Notes:
– Music lovers
– Circus lovers
– The show is great for family audiences.
– High energy featuring Australia’s finest circus performers with high end circus skills and a great live band.
– Rave reviews, sell out shows worldwide and audiences have lots of fun!
– Internationally known company, know for making timeless and classic Australian circus of the highest quality
- Successful previous seasons both indoors and outdoors and several upcoming national bookings
- Represented by NCM for touring and bookings
- Great energy and great soundtrack. Show for the whole family.
- Great social media resources for the show with images, circus skills/tricks
- Presenter pack (see attached) has great colourful images. This includes both promotion and production images
- Promo videos available
- Company can also deliver workshops on circus arts
- The team are available to do outside promotion and season launch work to help promote the work.
- Post show photos with the cast members
Proscenium Arch, Black Box, Thrust, Flat Floor, Hall, Spiegeltent, Outdoors
70 minutes Minutes
Available Until (from - to)
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
In Development - work which will be produced and premiered in time for touring during 2022/2023. Please contact the Producer directly for Budgets and Fees.
Weekly Sell Off: $25,000
Per Performance: $9,000