Funny Mummies Comedy Gala
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
Three Hilarious Mamas. One rocking show.
Funny Mummies™ is a stand-up comedy showcase performed by mothers for mothers.
Three mama comedians present a mothering themed stand-up show, allowing and encouraging the audience to laugh at their own stories of the shit parts of parenthood, tales of epic mothering fails and ever-relatable domestic dramas.
“The show was packed to the rafters with women, the line-up of
mother comedians was fantastic, and everybody had a
wonderful time!” Sam Jockel, Founder of School Mum and
As a stand-up comedy show, this is a production of technical simplicity, which promotes the coming together of a community of like-minded mothers to experience some much needed comic relief from the stress of day-to-day parenting.
“Congratulations on an awesome show…the atmosphere was electric.” Fedele Cristi, Sit Down Comedy Club
This show is more than just a good laugh: we hope that it allows mothers to improve their bond with each other through shared catharsis. We want them to bring their friends, their family, their own mothers…in the hope that by sharing this experience together they\’ll be inspired and encouraged to share more with each other and remind each other how to turn their own moments of failure and exhaustion into laughter.
Headlined by Jenny Wynter, there is a talented group of mama comedians performing as MCs and supporting acts, enabling the Funny Mummies Comedy Gala to adapt and change, giving the potential for fresh periodic shows at the same venues. We aim to use comedians who are as local as possible to the region being toured, providing as many opportunities as possible for up-and-coming talent to gain professional, paid stage time.
Whilst this show is aimed at women, and at mothers in particular, it has successfully been presented as both a strictly women-only “Ladies Night” and a general comedy night, with tickets available to all comers!
Fedele Christi, Sit Down Comedy Club
CWA convenor, Mt Surprise
Local Elder, Barcaldine
Lighting sufficient for a centre stage mic, and a keyboard to the side of the centre.
- Minimum required (we can provide all if needed): two microphones, one with straight stand, one with boom stand.
- Electronic keyboard with stand, DI and cabling.
- Audio feed in (3.5mm jack) for our laptop for backing tracks, intro music, etc.
- For non-rigged venue tours, we will provide all equipment including mixing desk, lighting, cabling, etc
- One microphone on a stand, centre stage.
- One microphone on boom stand, right hand side of stage with electronic keyboard and stand.
We can provide tech for bump-in/out and for lighting/AV – crew and tech requirements are simple.
- Where all touring equipment is required (non-rigged venue tour) a standard dual cab ute (e.g. Ford Ranger Wildtrak) plus one passenger vehicle.
- Where all venues are rigged, one standard SUV (e.g. Ford Territory or Holden Captiva) plus one passenger vehicle, or one 8 seater people mover.
- The production can travel by plane on any route using a moderate-small size aircraft (e.g. 70-80 seater). For smaller planes, guaranteed capacity for the keyboard and stand has proved a problem.
Audience & Marketing Notes
Our target audience is mothers, with children aged from 0 – 25.
This show is more than just a good laugh: we want women to come to the show with their friends, family, their own mothers, and their daughters (over 18!) to improve their bonds and understanding of each other through shared catharsis.
- A night of comedy by mothers, for mothers, or for anyone who has had a mother
- The comedy club staff outing for stay at home mums
- Story Sharing Workshops: a safe space and encourage mothers to share their own experiences (funny, tragic, or just plain inspiring) with each other
- Writing With Humor: Aimed at existing local writing, performance or creative groups, the comedians are available to run workshops on injecting more humour into your writing and how to structure jokes and generate comedic material
- Opportunities for Aspiring Comedians: We offer an invitation - via local mothering networks and through social media - for any locals who would like to try their hand at stand-up comedy, to do so with our gentle guidance and support to present a 2-3 minute spot
Most indoor spaces from Hall to Proscenium
Available Until (from - to)
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
In Development - work which will be produced and premiered in time for touring during 2022/2023. Please contact the Producer directly for Budgets and Fees.
Weekly Sell Off: $0
Per Performance: $4000