- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
A mother & daughter navigate dementia, cultural clashes, and long-buried secrets.
Audience & Marketing Notes
- Mother/daughter story that appeals to women audiences
- New Australian play by an up and coming playwright that appeals to enthusiasts of new work
- Dramedy - explores poignant, heavy themes with a comedic, witty script allowing audiences an easy access point to the work.
- Cultural diversity and migrant's stories on our stages - Rose's character emigrated from Thailand to Australia and her upbringing in Thailand is largely explored in this play.
- Jules Allen's fascinating and impressive career as a humanitarian, foster parent, adoption reform advocate, motivational speaker, and Masterchef contestant, and her pivot into playwriting in 2016.
- Story that explores the heartbreak, and the humour, inherent in the experience of dementia and in caring for a loved one with dementia.
- A powerful, nuanced representation of older Australians onstage in the character of Rose. Senior audiences will see themselves reflected.
- The text is semi-autobiographical, taking inspiration from Jules' own experience of caring for her mother with dementia.
- Brought to the stage by renowned director and dramaturg Iain Sinclair, with decades of experience and a multitude of acclaimed works.
- A work that does not shy away from sexual abuse and discussing childhood trauma to start vital conversations in audiences and their communities.
Black Box, Proscenium Arch, Hall, Flat Floor, and more
Available Until (from - to)
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
In Development - work which will be produced and premiered in time for touring during 2022/2023. Please contact the Producer directly for Budgets and Fees.
Weekly Sell Off: $7,389
Per Performance: $N/A