Applications to be part of the event program are encouraged from outlined genres of the performing arts, including contemporary music.
The Submission and Selection Process
Interested parties completed a Showcase Victoria 2023 Expression of Interest Form (with relevant supporting material) by 5pm, Monday 6 February 2023.
- The Selection Committee meets in late February to make programming recommendations drawn from the Expressions of Interest.
- Outcomes will be announced in late February/early March. Feedback will be available for those that did not make the program.
- VAPAC and RAV will work with selected projects to prepare and build their Showcase website profiles in the lead up to the event in May 2023.
- VAPAC and RAV will engage with presenters and producers following the event to seek feedback on the event and touring possibilities.
Showcase Victoria 2023 Information Webinar
We will be holding an online information session to discuss the new 2023 format plus tips and tricks on marketing, budgeting and technical elements you need to submit a great EOI.
Webinar will be held on Tuesday 4 April 2023.
How to Apply:
- Read the submission guidelines below.
- Gather your copy, images, video, reviews, feedback, marketing materials etc.
- Fill out the Expression of Interest Form (see the previous section for helpful tips on filling out the form).
- Fill out the budget template and add the total figures to the Expression of Interest.
- Come along to the webinars that will be run during the EOI process
- Submit your EOI form HERE before the closing date 5pm Monday 6 February 2022.
The Expressions of Interest will be assessed with reference to the following guidelines:
- Does the submission involve a high degree of artistic excellence?
- If the production has been previously staged, did it receive a positive public and critical response?
- Will this project positively contribute to the variety and diversity of productions on offer to presenters as part of Showcase 2022?
- Does the project fall within one of the stated priority artforms/genres as outlined by presenters?
- Does the submission involve a new Australian work?
- Does the submission include a complete and relevant technical plan, or does the applicant have capacity to develop one?
- Will the project budget be appropriate and is it in accordance with standard conditions (see LPA AWARD here).
- Does the submission involve artists / arts professionals, and / or appeal to audiences, from culturally diverse backgrounds?
- Does the submission involve artists / arts professionals, and / or contribute to the development of audiences, who are who are Deaf and disabled?
- Does the submission involve First Peoples artists / arts professionals?
- Does the submission involve themes / stories relevant to First Peoples audiences / communities?
- Does the application demonstrate awareness of the Australia Council Protocols For Using First Nations Cultural And Intellectual Property In The Arts? (Available HERE)
- Does the submission include a complete and relevant marketing plan & materials, or does the applicant have a solid strategy to create one?
- Has the submission clearly identified relevant audiences and target markets?
- Does the submission contribute to the development of new and / or existing audiences?