The VAPAC Executive has been working with Members, State and National peak bodies and agencies to develop a set of principles and guidelines to map a safe path to welcome audiences, producers and hirers back into venues.
A Safe Guide for Re-Opening Performing Arts Venues was released on 15 June and is already on its third version (last updated 21 June). Guidelines have been formulated in accordance with the following considerations –
- They have been designed to be readily implemented and scalable to the resources available.
- They aim to mitigate risk and provide venues and staff with certainty regards COVID Safe operations.
- They provide a consistent message and benchmarking for Local Government, Audiences, Hirers and other Stakeholders regarding COVID Safe operations in venues.
- The COVID-19 environment will entail a gradual and phased process of return to operations requiring us to manage risks and physical distancing for sometime.
- Health and Safety is a critical factor for audiences considering returning to performing arts venues.
- VAPAC have sought legal advice and referenced Government guidance where appropriate.